We know that you take your privacy seriously.
By using our online services, you consent to us using cookies and other similar technologies in the ways we describe below.
Yes. We explain the reasons why we use these technologies in more detail below.
2. Why are cookies used on Deposify’s online services?
|Categories of Use||Description|
|Authentication||If you’re signed in to your Deposify account, we may use technologies to help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.|
|Remember me||We may use technologies to keep you signed-in to your accounts so that you don’t have to when you return or are commenting or writing a review.|
|Preferences, features and services||We may use technologies to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features such as remembering your preferences and settings such as redirect to mobile version of our website when you are browsing with a smart phone.|
|Security||We use technologies to enable and support our security features and to help us detect malicious activity and violations of our terms and conditions.|
|Personalised recommendations||We may use technologies to record information about your devices’ activity on our online services, such as the content that you watch or read, the times at which you access our online services, your searches or the comments that you submit, as well as your devices’ activity on others’ sites.We may use this information to send you personalised recommendations such as with respect to new services or features on our online services that we think you might like or articles of interest that we think you might like.|
|Performance and analytics||We may use technologies to log information about when your device accesses and uses our online services (e.g. time/date app is opened and closed, what content was viewed and duration of the session, including when you access our online services from other sites, apps or devices such as your work computer or your mobile device. We may use this information for aggregated statistical analysis to understand our user base and their preferences and enhance and improve the quality and features of our online services.|
|Personalised ads||We and our partners may use technologies to record information about your devices’ activity on our online services, such as the content that you watch or read, the times at which you access our online services, your searches or the comments that you submit, as well as your devices’ activity on others’ sites.We and our partners may use this information to serve you with ads, on and off the Deposify sites and apps, that we think may be of interest to you. This may be done based upon your devices’ usage of our and others’ sites and apps. For instance, if you’ve been on our online services but have not signed up for a new feature, we may want you to see ads about our new features. We may also work with a partner to show you an ad on or off Deposify’s sites where you start but don’t complete a purchase, registration or similar action, such as after you’ve visited a partner’s site or app.We may serve personalised ads based on general categories and the inferences we draw from your information. We may allow third parties to serve personalised ads to you on our online services using these general categories.We and our partners may also use technologies to learn whether our users who saw an ad on Deposify later visited the advertiser’s site. Similarly, our partners may use technologies to determine whether we’ve shown an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with ads.|
We may link any of the information we collect through cookies and other technologies (such as browser history and search queries):
- with information you provide (e.g. through your Deposify accounts); and
- with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers (such as demographic data, interest based data and internet browsing behaviour); and
- where you agree to this in accordance with your privacy settings, with information we obtain from social networks (such as with respect to your usage of it or your posts, messages or comments on it).
This is so that we can send you personalised recommendations or we or our partners can send you personalised ads.
3. What are cookies and similar technologies?
There are different types of cookies type technologies. These include:
- Cookies: Cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags and similar technologies are small files consisting of letters and numbers that are placed on your device (such as your computer, tablet, mobile or other device) that enable certain features and functionalities of our online services and enables us to collect information from or about your device.
- Adobe flash: We may also use Adobe flash technology (also called “locally stored objects” or “LSOs”). Adobe flash is a technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality and is capable of storing information on your device. This information is often stored in a different file to other cookies. This means it has to be managed and deleted in a different way. We explain below how you can do this.
- SDKs: We may also use software development kits (SDKs) on some of our apps which enable us to collect information from your mobile or other device in similar ways. An SDK performs a similar function to a cookie, but is contained within the software for the app that you install on your device.
- Device identifiers: We may also collect your IP address, unique device identifier or create a unique device fingerprint (this is a unique combination of different information from your device so that we can single it out) so we can identify your device. We may then use this in a similar way to cookies.
When this policy refers to “cookies”, this includes cookies, SDKs, device identifiers, pixels, tags, Adobe flash technology, web beacons and other similar technologies we use.
These technologies can be used to recognise when your device does things. For instance, they may recognise when your device visits pages on our or others’ sites, uses parts of an app or when you open emails we send you, or links in technologies.
4. Who places cookies when I use Deposify’s online services?
When you use our online services, the cookies placed may be “first party cookies” or “third party cookies”.
- First party cookies: First party cookies are cookies that are placed and read by us directly.
- Third party cookies: Third party cookies are cookies that are placed by trusted partners chosen by us. They are cookies that are not set by us, but rather are set by our trusted partners with our permission.
Trusted partners help us serve advertising on and off the Deposify site, and analytics companies like Google Analytics may also place cookies on your device.
5. What types of cookies are used?
We may use two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies help us recognise you as an existing user so, for instance, it’s easier for you to return to our online services without having to sign into your account again here you have an Deposify account A persistent cookie stays in your browser so that it can be read when you return.
- Sessions cookies: These cookies, on the other hand, only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a web site or a browser session).
These technologies can be disabled in the following ways:
- Cookies: You can find out more about how to see what cookies have been sent and how to manage and disable them at the AboutCookies.org site.
- Adobe flash technology: You may not be able to remove adobe flash technology through your device or browser. You can restrict or block Adobe Flash LSOs through the Adobe website.
- Targeted advertising: If you wish to opt-out of being re-targeted via display and search ads, and/or advertised to via cookies’ tracking, please click here.
- SDKs: When you install our apps, SDKs are installed. You cannot deactivate an SDK. Consequently, do not install our apps if you are not happy with the use of SDKs.
- Device fingerprinting/ID: Your device or browser may also enable you to control the collection of data from your device – see your device and browser instructions for more information in this respect.
- Combining information: If you have signed up to marketing communications through Deposify account, we may combine information (including your device’s location) collected through cookies and other technologies with your account and profile and information we have obtained from other sources. This is so that we can provide you with personalised recommendations such as with respect to new features that we think you might like or articles of interest.
- Location: Please note that if you choose to opt-out, you may lose some features and/or functionality of our online services.
7. Cookies we don’t control
Some cookies or similar technologies that have been set on our online services are not related to Deposify or our trusted partners.
When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook or social media widgets like the Facebook like button, these service providers may use their own cookies or similar technologies. We do not control the use of these cookies or similar technologies and cannot access technologies due to the way that these technologies work. This is because they can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies or similar technologies.